Monday, March 15, 2010

WEAR SUNSCREEN!!!

Now that Mr. Sun has decided to shine down on me (I hope at least someone gets that joke...), I'm starting to realize that... *gasp* I haven't been wearing sunscreen at ALL lately, and have been ignoring its importance. I'm not really a fan of wearing sunscreen in my daily moisturizer, mostly because it somehow ALWAYS manages to get in my eye and stings like a bitch. It also has a gross, greasy feeling and can make my skin look super shiny. BUT, if you keep reading, I'm gonna first scare the bejesus out of you so you realize how important wearing sunscreen on a daily basis is, and THEN I'm gonna recommend a great daily moisturizer with an SPF! YAY!

Okay so here's some facts about the sun and how it can damage your skin:
  • The number one cause of aging and skin damage is sun exposure! Excessive sun exposure can result in premature wrinkling, dry, rough, leathery skin (eww), freckles and skin discolouration.
  • Tanning is actually a result of skin damage... a tan is the body's attempt to protect itself from the sun's harmful rays.
  • According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), excessive sun exposure (including severe sunburns) over time appears to be the most significant environmental factor in the development of skin cancer. It affects one out of every five Americans, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
  • Regardless of how easily you burn, sun exposure can suppress the immune system and increase an individual’s vulnerability to infection and cancers. Diseases that affect the immune system (like HERPES!!!) can become worse with exposure to sun.
  • Excessive sun exposure can cause a person to bruise more easily.
  • Exposure to the sun may lead to the formation of blackheads and whiteheads in sun damaged areas.
  • Excessive sun exposure can also result in the formation of several types of skin lesions.
  • Excessive exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation may burn the cornea of the eye and increase the risk of developing a cataract (condition in which the lens of the eye becomes cloudy). It may also cause macular degeneration, the deterioration of part of the retina of the eye, which may result in blindness.
  • Sunscreen is the best and most effective anti-aging cream. So start using it early kids!
Now hopefully I've convinced you (and haven't bored to you death) to wear sunscreen more regularly. Obviously I'm not expecting you to stop tanning but at least wear a sunscreen! It's all I ask!



Okay, so now for my product review. This is pretty much the only moisturizer I've tried with a sunscreen that I LOVED. Biore Dual Fusion Moisturizer + SPF 30 has a serum-like texture and absorbs right into your skin. It doesn't feel greasy at all AND doesn't have that yucky sunscreen smell too (it actually smells kinda nice). I'd recommend this product to anyone who hates wearing sunscreen in their moisturizer, and would be great for oily skin because it's so light. Try it out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment