Sunday, March 28, 2010

Coloured Mascara... yay or nay?



For the longest time I have been wanting to experiment with coloured mascara, but wasn't sure how to wear it and how to pair it with my eye makeup. BUT, I finally bought a Quo teal coloured mascara that was on sale (40% off Quo products at Shopper's Drug Mart until April 1... you should go!!!!) and decided on an ultra smokey cat eye with the teal mascara and fake lashes. My camera really picks up the teal colour.. it was less noticeable in real life because I applied regular black mascara first, and then the teal mascara but that didn't work out too well because my mascara was uber clumpy. Not cute.

Here's some tips when using coloured mascara:
  • If you don't want your lashes to be too coloured, apply black mascara first. But don't over do it like I did, because it'll come out clumpy.
  • Let your coloured mascara be the focus of your makeup. Keep your eyeshadow simple, like just a smokey black eye or basic eyeliner.
  • You can also apply your coloured mascara to the tips of your lashes if you don't want it to be too bold.
  • More subtle coloured mascaras are also a great option if you don't want to get too crazy. My roommate Christina bought the Quo purple mascara and was unfortunately disappointed with it because it wasn't noticeable enough, but if you want a really subtle colour on your lashes to enhance the colour of your eyes then this would be perfect.
PS. The mascara that I bought is called Quo Pump Up the Volume Mascara in Teal. I was trying to find a photo of the product on the internet but no such luck... I think it's a relatively new product.

No comments:

Post a Comment