Eyebrows tend to be a really neglected part of people's everyday makeup, which is unfortunate because I really feel like eyebrows can make such a difference! They totally frame your face and really finish a look. In fact, I think that filling in your brows should be a must for most people's daily routine.
It's taken me a long time to figure out how to do my own brows and they are far from being absolutely, flawlessly perfect (one day...), but I figure I'd share some tips that I've learned on my quest for the perfect eyebrows.
- Keep your eyebrows groomed! Pluck stray hairs when necessary and if your eyebrow hairs tend to be long (like mine) trim them using a little spoolie (it's like a mascara wand, but with no mascara) and nail scissors.
- If you have naturally dark eyebrows, you don't really need to worry about filling them in, unless they can be sparse in some areas. If they are, keep reading. If not, well... just keep reading anyway :P
- To fill your brows in, you can use either a brow pencil, a regular eyeshadow or a combination of both. Personally, I use an eyeshadow because it gives a more natural look, whereas a brow pencil will make your eyebrows look more defined. You should choose a colour within two shades of your hair colour (unless you are really really blonde or albino, in which case choose a darker colour).
- Start by drawing out a line along the top of your brow. Then do the same along the bottom part of your brow. Use light strokes with very little product on the brush - you can always add more later. Keep going until you've filled in your entire brow and everything looks even. You probably won't need to do much to the beginning point of your brow because that tends to be where there's the most hair.
- If you want, finish by running some brow gel over the hairs to keep everything in place. I just used hairspray and a spoolie for this.
And ta da! Your eyebrows are fab. Hope this helped!