Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bronzer and Blush Basics

Blush Brush

Kabuki Brush
Bronzer Brush


I use bronzer and blush on a daily basis... if I didn't I'd look even MORE pale and washed out than I do right now. No thanks. At the moment, my bronzer of choice is Clarins Bronzing Powder, and I use a MAC blush in Peachykeen. Here's my steps for achieving gorgeous, bronzed and flushed skin:
  • Apply your bronzer first. You can use either a large fluffy brush to dust all over your face for a light bronzing, or you can use a more dense brush like a kabuki brush for a deeper bronze. You are supposed to apply your bronzer where the sun would naturally hit your face, so use your brush to apply to your bronzer in the shape of a 3 on your face... on your temples, your cheekbones and along your jawline. You also want to apply some to your nose.
  • Take a blush brush to apply your blush to only the apples of your cheeks. A lot of people think you're supposed to apply your blush along your cheekbones... and you can, but sometimes it can look very 80s. I only apply my blush just to the apples.
  • You can apply a highlighter (any shimmery, nude eyeshadow is perfect for this) to the tops of your cheekbones if you want to look extra glowy. Apply sparingly though because unless you're using a matte bronzer/blush, your skin is already gonna be pretty shimmery.
  • Finally, take a clean kabuki brush again to blend your bronzer and blush together!

No comments:

Post a Comment