No makeup, avert eyes now please.
While I've never had many issues with my skin in terms of acne (I know I'm lucky!), I don't necessarily have flawless skin either. In fact I don't think anyone does. EVERYONE has imperfections on their skin, but with the help from God's gift to women (aka makeup) you can totally achieve fresh, dewy and flawless skin with some tips and hints of mine!
1. Make sure you're applying your makeup on freshly cleansed and MOISTURIZED skin. Always use an oil-free, non-comedogenic moisturizer with an SPF (Neutrogena does some great ones) before you apply any makeup on your skin. If you have oily skin like me, try to avoid applying the moisturizer to areas of oiliness (like your forehead).
2. You can either dot some foundation to areas of redness (if you have pretty clear skin) or you can use a tinted moisturizer (Laura Mercier does some amazing, but expensive ones) to use all over your face. It's up to you, at the moment I just use foundation in the areas that I need it. You can use either a brush, sponge or CLEAN (!!!) fingers to blend. If you think you need it, you can use foundation all over your face, just make sure you blend
3. If you have dark circles under your eyes, apply a concealer to your under eye and your eyelid to smooth everything out. L'oreal True Match concealer is a great option. I love this product, and will probably do a review a little later.
4. Depending on your skin, you can use either a translucent powder to set your makeup or a pressed powder foundation (MAC Studio Fix is amazing). Use a fluffy powder brush for your entire face and then if you want, use a little blending sponge to apply your translucent powder to your under eye concealer and foundation.
5. BRONZERRRRR IS KEY FOR NICE HEALTHY LOOKING SKIN!!!!! Apply to your temples, cheekbones, nose, and just under the jawline. If necessary, blend your bronzer down your neck and onto your chest.
6. Apply some blush to the apples of your cheek and blend onto your cheekbone.
7. Optional, you can apply either a shimmer eyeshadow or highlighter to your eyebrow bone and just above your cheekbone. This is what's gonna give that dewy look to your skin.
Et voila, you have gorgeous, flawless skin!!